USE ALT+TAB KEY COMBINATION (SEE PICTURE ABOVE)
TO SWITCH TO 3D RAD SCREEN AND BACK TO THIS DOCUMENT
Need the stand-alone executable compiler plugin?
Need standard Windows interface?
Need improved frame-rate and smaller load time?
Need hi-resoution modes and 32-bit color modes?
Need network gaming support and integrated chat system?
Need direct import of your 3D models along with their textures and animation?
Need real-time 3d morphing (soft-skin animation)?
Need full real-time control over hierarchy model parts and pre-defined hierarchy animation?
Need real-time 3D object cloning/loading/destruction and particle effects?
Need alpha textures? Alpha maps? Advanced translucency-based effects?
Need full real-time control over object surface material?
Need volumetric shadows and lights?
Need mipmapping, environment mapping, antialiasing, UV texture animation?
Need robust string support, string variables, true-type overlayed text plotting and user text input?
Need polygon-based collision system?
Need Euler free-xyz-sequence, axis-angle and quaternion based rotations?
Need unlimited-size arrays?
Need advanced file input/output (loading/saving/editing)?
Need full control over engine settings?
Need screen saver support?
Need hundreds more brain instructons?
Need improved documentation and e-mail tech support?
Just need more creative power?
Visit www.3drad.com then!
Do you have an old PC? At www.3drad.com you will also find a DOS/Windows 3.x version of 3D Rad!
* TO RUN 3D RAD, double-click 'My Computer' icon, double-click 'C:' icon, double-click '3drad' folder and then double-click '3drad' file (red ball).
* 3D Rad requires DirectX8 or better and a Direct3D video card driver installed! If you encounter any problem running 3D Rad, please see troubleshooting (below) for details.
* 3D Rad doesn't modify your system in any way when installed, so it doesn't need any uninstallation software. To completely remove 3D Rad from your system, just remove the c:\3drad folder from your hard drive.
* 3D RAD OVERVIEW (MUST READ!)
* ENGINE CONFIGURATION NOTES
* STEP 1. ADDING 3D OBJECTS TO A BASIC SCENERY
* STEP 2. ADDING CHARACTERS INDICATORS
* STEP 3. ARMING CHARACTERS
* STEP 4. SETTING THE GAME'S LOGIC UP
* STEP 5. COMPILING STAND-ALONE MULTI-LEVEL PROJECTS
Burning objects, braziers, torches, firestorms, and more!
Damaged vehicles, burnt buildings, dynamic fog and more!
Vehicle lights, explosion dazzles, and any other flare effect!
* LIGHT SOURCES
Valuable tips here! Learn all about dynamic light sources and transform any dull place into the most evocative place you have ever seen!
Rain, snow, thunderstorm, lightning, dawn, sunshine, sunset! How to use and customize the weather resources!
* EDITING TIPS
Improve your productivity by using short-cuts, hot keys and smart editing techniques
* ANIMATED TEXTURES
Understand texture animation by implmenting a professional looking water effect and making a simple anphibian vehicle simulator!
* WORKING WITH SOUNDS
The final touch making a 3d project complete
* THE ULTIMATE INDICATOR RESOURCE
Make any professional looking indicator (health, speed, altitude, orientation, weapon overheating, etc.) by customizing the universal indicator resource! Easy and cool!
* MAKING RACING GAMES
Making a 3D racing game in 3D Rad is so easy! Make a simple racing project and know everything about it with this step-by-step tutorial!
* PRE-DEFINED COURSES
How to make your own objects following pre-defined courses. Includes detailed step-by-step instructions for using the 3d spline editor utility
* LAUNCHING EXTERNAL WINDOWS APPLICATIONS
The way to integrate your 3D projects with any other executable!
* PLAYING MEDIA FILES
Avi clips as intro and cut scenes, Midi music as sound track and more!
* 3D EXPLOSIONS
Using the explosion tool to make any custom 3D model explode to fragments
* MAKING SCREEN SAVERS
How to make screen savers from your compiled 3D projects.
* INCREASING FRAME RATE
Valuable tips on how to optimize your project with speed in mind!
* .V3D FILE FORMAT
Editing complex 3D animations
* DATA CONVERSION FROM OLD 3D RAD VERSIONS
* ELEMENT TYPES
Understanding element types is the key to resource customization
* 2D GRAPHICS WITH SPRITES
Customizing pre-made 2D resources and importing your own 2D images and animations
* 3D GRAPHICS WITH VISUALS
Customizing pre-made 3D resources and importing/animating your own 3D models
* PSEUDO-3D GRAPHICS WITH FLATS
Customizing pre-made pseudo-3D elements and making your own translucent objects
* DRAWING CUSTOM TEXTURES
Tips about drawing textures for 3D models
* COLLISION-CAPABLE SCENERY
Importing ANY custom 3D model making it work as a scenery! Characters will automatically follow the ground profile and rebound against obstacles! No programming required!
* CUSTOMIZING 3D BACKGROUNDS
* WHAT A BRAIN IS
Get ALL the power! Instruction-level brain programming makes 3D Rad flexibility unlimited!
* BRAIN PROGRAMMING, THE STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL
Learn writing instruction-level brains in a few minutes
* BRAIN INSTRUCTION REFERENCE (MUST READ!)
All brain script instructions listed in alphabetical order
* GUIDED CODING
Writing brains by adding pre-made brain pieces! Easy, funny and instructive!
* BRAIN PIECES LIBRARY 1
Player controlled actions
* BRAIN PIECES LIBRARY 2
* BRAIN PIECES LIBRARY 3